IBM 6094-010 "Dials" protocol?

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Sun Mar 25 09:11:29 CDT 2018

> On Mar 24, 2018, at 22:29, Michael Brutman via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> Picture here: https://i.imgur.com/ClCw070.jpg <https://i.imgur.com/ClCw070.jpg>

Neat! I haven't seen one of those since 1987, when I briefly played with a workstation that had one of those in an unguarded computer room in college. It was running some sort of CAD demo in which you could rotate, translate, and scale a wireframe model with the dials. I seem to recall that it was propped up diagonally on some sort of stand, but I don't remember if that was a standard feature vs. something cobbled together locally.

Good luck learning how to talk to it. I can think of a number of different applications in which a physical interface like that might be nice.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/