SGI Indy power supply: identify this diode?

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Mon Mar 26 11:51:53 CDT 2018

On 26/03/2018 17:39, ethan at 757.org wrote:
>> I'm hoping I don't have to breadboard a 1kV supply and find a lot of
>> multi-megohm resistors to try and estimate the breakdown voltage - and
>> then guess at the forward current rating.
>
> Is it possible to get the schematics?

If only!  That question has been asked many times on SGI forums like
nekochan, for the Sony PSU (like this one) and also the Nidec.  No-one
has ever claimed to have seen one, and the chances are Sony wouldn't
ever have released them.

I have thought about tracing out the relevant area of the circuit, but
it would take a while as the components are fairly densely packed, and
I've got several other tasks on the agenda.

--
Pete
Pete Turnbull