RL02 Question

Adrian Graham binarydinosaurs at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 14:37:44 CDT 2018

> So, from what I can see, the drive should spin up correctly, but for
> some reason it goes into fault mode. I am right in thinking that upon
> load, the heads should continue moving forward until the first track is
> found, right? I should not have to perform a seek manually from the PDP?
> If this is not the case, perhaps there is something else wrong.

I’m not an RL02 hardware expert at all, just a daily user back in the day. I’m reading this assuming that at all times the drive is correctly hooked up to an RLV12 in a running PDP with the correct cable and termination present on the drive? If it isn’t you’ll get a fault condition instead of ready after spin up.