PATA hard disks, anyone?

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Tue Mar 27 14:49:29 CDT 2018

On Tue, 27 Mar 2018, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:

> It's probably foolish and irrational, but I somehow just don't trust the
> bargain-basement 4TB drives to perform long-term.
>
> Am I being silly?

Not really.  Have you looked at the drive statistics published by
Backblaze?  Here's a report for the 3rd quarter of 2017:
https://www.backblaze.com/blog/hard-drive-failure-rates-q3-2017/

Seagate drives are the worst out there, while HGST drives seem to last the
longest.

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007