IBM 6094-010 "Dials" protocol?

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 21:23:36 CDT 2018

On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 6:09 PM, Ethan Dicks <ethan.dicks at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now I'm really looking forward to unboxing these next month!

My dialboxes showed up today.  The Seiko unit was advertised as having
a PS/2 adapter.  They were mistaken.  It's a DE9-MiniDIN8 adapter,
presumably for newer SGI or Sun machines.  I'll have to check the
pinout.  It also came with an external PSU so I don't need to make a
power-and-serial cable.  The Danaher Controls DLS80-1022 did not come
with the DE9-DIN5 power-and-serial cable so I'll have to make one of
those.

-ethan