'90s era PC recommendation.

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon May 7 07:28:38 CDT 2018

On Mon, 7 May 2018 at 05:10, Grant Taylor via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
wrote:

> I remember my AMD K6-II fondly.

I ran a Cyrix 6x86-P166+ for a while as my main PC and it was a lovely
machine.

Alas, I needed to review one of the last versions of Aldus PageMaker and it
wouldn't run on a Cyrix chip -- only on Intel. That drove me to get a new
box -- a PII-450 which served me well for several years.

https://liam-on-linux.livejournal.com/49259.html

But they were good chips. Some unfortunate software accidents more or less
killed them.

As that blog post says, I'm still waiting for Via to do something
interesting, but they don't seem to be interested.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Hangouts/Plus: lproven at gmail.com
Twitter/Facebook/Flickr: lproven • Skype/LinkedIn: liamproven
UK: +44 7939-087884 • ČR (+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal): +420 702 829 053