50 yrs. ago today

Stefan Skoglund stefan.skoglund at agj.net
Sun Nov 3 09:01:12 CST 2019

ons 2019-10-30 klockan 13:17 -0400 skrev Paul Koning via cctalk:

> In some countries, at least in the early 1980s (Sweden?) the law said
> that private organizations could run communication wires on a floor
> of a building, but to wire from one floor to another was the monopoly
> of the government PTT.  So DEC Ethernet bridges had PTT approval
> stickers on them from those countries, indicating those PTTs would be
> willing to build you a bridged Ethernet from floor 1 to floor 2.

I remember stickers on modems and telephones (ie not televerket
provided equipment) which said that this equipment is certified
to be directly connected to televerket's telephone lines.

But computer network equipment owned by the organization and used
on the organization's premises ?? That i don't remember.

PS
Televerket : Sweden's state owned telephone monopoly, today
known by the public as Telia company. Ellemtel the development
organization was co-owned by Ericsson/LME/Three-bars and Televerket.
DS

PPS
LME still exist in name basically as a holding company for Ericsson.
DSS