FedEX unsurance issues

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Tue Apr 28 10:35:54 CDT 2020

On 04/28/2020 09:50 AM, Norman Jaffe via cctalk wrote:
> And UPS isn't any better.
> I had a package delivered with a big hole in it, and they claimed that it was given to them that way.
> However, the hole was right through their shipping documents...
I have sworn off UPS since the 1990's after they TOTALLY
destroyed several packages.
The did pay the insured value of them, equal to the eBay
sale price.  But, it was still a
huge hassle to end up with a pile of broken stuff.  I was
told that their method of unloading semis is
to just push everything out onto the ground (not loading
dock height) and then sort it out.

So, this FedEx news leaves me with essentially NO acceptable
carrier.  UGH!

Jon