VT100 colors

Antonio Carlini a.carlini at ntlworld.com
Mon Jun 21 11:10:34 CDT 2021

On 21/06/2021 15:39, Paul Koning wrote:

> You're thinking of the VT200, which came in three colors, although at DEC fortunately they never inflicted green on us :-).  But all the earlier DEC video terminals (VT05, VT50/52/61t/62, VT20, VT71) were white.  The only exception I can think of is the GT40, probably because that one benefits from having fairly long persistence which was available in green phosphor but not in white.

The User Guide doesn't say and I don't have an IPB I can find. I do
remember the VT100s in the computer room at Uni being green and the VT52
clones (Dataram?) being white. But that's a while ago so maybe my
wetware is wrong. If and when I can get to where I think my VT100 is I
can look at powering it up. Powering it up may take much longer than
getting to it though :-)

My VT220 is (or was, it's been a while ...) green phosphor and my VT420
is amber ... I like both.

Antonio

--
Antonio Carlini