Computhink Eagle 32 - software, docs, info?

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 10:33:14 CDT 2021

Hey all,

Someone in one of the Facebook vintage groups that I'm in just picked up a
Computhink Eagle 32, an early-ish (appears to be circa 1981/82) 68000-based
machine with integral display and keyboard.

On the rear it has a 50-pin connection for floppy and a 34-pin connection
for a hard disk, but they have no external peripherals for it, and also no
software and documentation. It's quite possible that the floppy connection
is simply Shugart; hard disk *maybe* SASI I suppose, skimping on the number
of ground lines (in which case it likely ran an external bridge to ST412/506).

Online searching shows up very little about this system; does anyone here
happen to have one or know anything about them? This one seems to have a
pair of 256KB memory boards fitted, but also (perhaps worryingly) an empty
"video" slot - although CRT connections apparently route to the main system
board, so there's a chance that there was just a video expansion option not
fitted to this particular machine. Still, even if that's not an issue,
without knowledge of drives and software it might forever remain in boat
anchor territory...

cheers,

Jules