Found my favorite DOS editor

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Tue Sep 28 16:29:55 CDT 2021

On Tue, 28 Sep 2021, Mike Katz via cctalk wrote:
> Editors are like religion once you have a favorite you defend it like crazy.

"Baby Duck Syndrome": you bond to the first one.  Any time you are tempted
to switch, everything that any other one does differently is "just all
wrong".  If you are eventually compelled to switch, you will bond to a new
one; and every other one "just does it all wrong".

I was compelled to switch many times, and had to learn severaal different
one.  They ALL "do it all wrong".
I did my PhD written exams on Windows Write.  I was the first person in
SLIS (UCBerkeley "School of Library and Information Studies") to do them
on a computer - "Unless you want to admit that you grade on penmanship."

'course, then there are the MAJOR religious battles.  Such as VI VS EMACS.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com