Found my favorite DOS editor

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Tue Sep 28 17:41:43 CDT 2021

On Tue, 28 Sep 2021, Mike Katz via cctalk wrote:
> To Exit EMACS:  Control-X Control-C😁

I once saw a car with a vanity plate: CTRL K D
(Wordstar for save and exit)

Can EMACS be expanded enough to emulate VI?
Can VI be expanded enough to emulate EMACS?

About 3 decades ago, there was some linguistic analysis of effects on
writing style with some editors.
There were some very simplistic conclusions, such as that small screen
(number of characters/lines, NOT square footage) produced choppier
writing, with more repetitions, due to not seeing both paragraphs at the
same time.

It really should be studied in depth, including expanding the algorithms
of Flesch-Kincaid, SMOG, Coleman-Liau, ARI, Linser Write Formula,
phrase repetition analysis, etc.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com