cctalk Digest, Vol 88, Issue 2

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Tue Jan 4 21:16:16 CST 2022

On 1/4/22 7:43 PM, Patrick Finnegan via cctalk wrote:
> It's the even more obscure corner-grounded delta, which requires even
> more care and can't provide 120V power, since the phase to ground
> voltage is 240V.

Why couldn't 120V be derived from either of the 240V phase and the
grounded corner via a 2:1 transformer?

I'm not sure how to get the two opposing 120 legs, or if they are
strictly required in this instance.  I would wonder if it would be
possible to ground the center tap on the secondary side of the 2:1
transformer mentioned above or not.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die