AlphaServers?

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 16:24:20 CST 1970

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 7:51 AM, Benjamin Huntsman
<BHuntsman at mail2.cu-portland.edu> wrote:
> Does anyone here know why certain AlphaServers are worth such seemingly high prices on eBay still?
>
> Particularly the DS15's seem to be worth their weight in gold, and the DS10's still sell for quite a bit.  I see DS25's and ES47/ES80's get listed all the time for fairly high prices, but never sell.  I'm just wondering why the difference.
>
> Does anyone here do Alpha gear, especially the newer stuff?

I have two of the dual proc ES47 boxes and the cables to interconnect
them as a single quad proc system. I think 8GB of memory in each box.
The boxes themselves didn't cost too much, but the freight shipping on
a pallet wasn't cheap. They are heavy and long and awkward to set up
without a deep rack to put them in. I don't have a good space set
aside right now to properly and somewhat permanently set them up and I
have rarely powered them on. They are by far the fastest VMS system I
have but for hobby use have rarely been worth the bother.

-Glen