Help me! Before I take the plunge

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Fri Apr 1 09:32:00 CST 2005

On Friday 01 April 2005 10:18, Ethan Dicks wrote:
> On Apr 1, 2005 9:25 AM, Doc Shipley <doc at mdrconsult.com> wrote:
> >    Has anybody built the RX emulator described at
> > http://www.chd.dyndns.org/rx02/
> >
> >    The page says that RX02 support isn't finished, but that the
> > RX01 handler is working.
> I just wish there were an easy way to attach a real RX02 drive to a
> modern machine (I know it can be done, but ISTR we established that a
> parallel port wasn't quick enough... perhaps with some small amount
> of external circuitry like a shift register...)

In theory, you can read (and probably write) RX02's, using Tim Mann's
utilities for the Catweasel.  I've got an MK3, and intend to try it out
once I get an 8" floppy drive cable made up to test it with.  The board
is PCI, so it'll work in most "modern" machines that have PCI slots,
given that you can find or write your own drivers. :)

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS        ---  http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/
The Computer Refuge               ---  http://computer-refuge.org