rx01 w/o controller board

Brad Parker brad at heeltoe.com
Tue Apr 5 16:10:53 CDT 2005

"Eric Smith" wrote:
>Brad wrote:
>I bid on an RX01 on ebay, hoping it had a controller card.   Naturally it's
>> just the drive.  [...] where can I get a controller card [...] Naturally
>> I have an unibus rx01 controller card, so all I need is a controller card
>> for this drive, right?
>
>I'm completely confused.  You have a controller card?  Or you don't?  If

Sorry.  To much coffee and emulators today :-)

I bought an RX01 8" drive and it has no drive electronics card on it.

I have an RX11 M7846 controller (host adapter).

I assume to make this work I need an electronics card on the RX01 drive
itself.  The drive has what looks like mounting holes for a PCB and I
the RX11 is way too simple so I assume there is something which bolts
onto the RX01 drive.  And a ribbon cable between them.  And a power
supply :-)

-brad