LaserWriter Plus

liste at artware.qc.ca liste at artware.qc.ca
Tue Apr 5 20:59:00 CDT 2005

Looking around the local salvation army, I spotted a LaserWriter plus.
I've searched the archives and discovered it's a PostScript enabled laser
printer with RS-442 interface.  It seems.  No disucssion of the "plus"
specifically.  If it helps, there was a DB-25, a DE-9 and small (4? 6?)
dip switch on the back (that I remember, I don't remember any mini-DIN).

I'd be interested in having a "real" postscript printer.  But I'd like to
test it before buying.

- Is there a way to print a test page w/o pluging into a computer?

- Can this be interface to a straight PC?  If the DB-25 is RS-232, I'd
assume so.

- Is toner readily available?

Also, there was an ImageWriter II if anyone wants one.

Thank you,

-Philip