Oscilloscope question

Paul Koning pkoning at equallogic.com
Fri Apr 8 16:31:27 CDT 2005

 >> From: "Eric Smith" <eric at brouhaha.com>
 >>
 >> Ashley wrote:
 >>> What kind of scope would I need and how much does one cost?
 >> Assuming that you want something good but cheap, your best bet is
 >> probably to try to find an old Tek 465.  It's a good, solid
 >> two-channel 100 MHz scope.  ISTR that they show up on eBay
 >> frequently, but as with anything on eBay, there's no telling what
 >> condition it would really be in.

 Dwight> ---snip---

 Dwight> Hi The only issue I've seen with the 465's is that if the
 Dwight> sweep frequency switch is broken ( a common failure on these
 Dwight> ), this switch is unobtainium.  It is good to have more than
 Dwight> two chanels of input.

True.  One reason I like the 7000 series bench scopes is that they
give you that capability, with the right plugins.  If you need
portability, that won't do, but I think for a lot of us a bench scope
is suitable too and gives you more choices.  Multichannel plugins,
differential plugins, even spectrum analyzers (hah, I can dream,
right?).

	paul