DG Eclipse available... (Second try)

Mark Davidson medavidson at mac.com
Fri Apr 8 17:25:42 CDT 2005

On Apr 8, 2005, at 2:59 PM, woodelf wrote:

> Mark Davidson wrote:
>
>> An update...
>>
>> As I write this, my girlfriend is at home waiting for the delivery
>> truck to show up with the Eclipse... I'm sure she'll call me when it
>> arrives and sees how big it is. *grin*
>>
>> In any case, it's going in the garage for now... when I get back from
>> vacation, I'll be able to get started on making it work.  Photos to
>> follow...
>
> Better have your girl friend sit shotgun until you get back from you
> vacation
> the subject line is "DG Eclipse available ..." :) I'd check the
> packing anyhow
> before you leave just to confurm it got there safely.

*grin*

I will... actually, I think I'm going to have to make a special trip to
the jewelry store for her.  They just delivered the machine and she
called me, saying "Oh my God, another computer!" (I recently picked up
a Symbolics as well).  She doesn't understand WHY these machines make
me happy, but in reality, she likes me to be happy.

Of course, I'm not at home so I can't comment on the packing, but I
know they re-palleted the machine before delivering it.  Time will tell
as to the condition.  Now I just need the boot tapes to arrive...  I
just hope they locked the drive heads before it was originally picked
up from the starting location (which I had no control over).

Mark