CI accessories available

Paul Koning pkoning at equallogic.com
Mon Apr 11 13:47:09 CDT 2005

>>>>> "Jochen" == Jochen Kunz <jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de> writes:

 Jochen> On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 09:20:47 -0500 (CDT) Paul Thompson
 Jochen> <pt at new.rr.com> wrote:

 >> also a box of CI cable -the nice thin kind, not the evil thick
 >> variety.
 Jochen> BTW: CI cables are simple 50 Ohm coax cables. I have a set of
 Jochen> "thin" CI cables and the cable is ordinary RG58 ==
 Jochen> Cheapernet-Ethernet cable. The only difference is that CI
 Jochen> cables have TNC connectors where Cheapernet uses BNC. There
 Jochen> are TNC-to-BNC adapters, so if someone need thin CI cable he
 Jochen> / she can reuse old Cheapernet cabling. (The length limit of
 Jochen> this thin cables may be lower then for the thick cables as
 Jochen> thin cable has higher attenuation.)

I didn't know there is any such thing as "thin CI cable".  The only CI
cable I've ever seen is medium thick -- halfway between RG58 and RG8,
usually blue, and *very* stiff.

Considering the bandwidth of CI, it's probably rather unforgiving of
cheap cable.

      paul