plastic "push rivets"??

CRC technobug at comcast.net
Thu Apr 14 01:00:46 CDT 2005

Jay asked:

> I'm not sure what these things are called... but I need some. I'm
> calling them plastic "push rivets", where a plastic plunger pushes
> through a collar with 3 or 4 plastic legs. These legs break off.
>
> All the ones I've seen so far are a pretty common size. However, the
> ones I need two of at the moment are slightly smaller than that.
> Specifically, these are the two plastic push rivets from an HP 264X
> terminal that hold the metal cover over the CRT.
>
> Anyone ever find a source for these? Both my local electronics places
> came up empty.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jay West

There are many plastics companies out there with variations of these
thingies (e.g. <http://www.richco-inc.com/> - browse for rivets,
screws, nuts... On the eastern side of the pond check out
<http://www.heyco.co.uk/products.asp?group=BDD>). I've always had luck
scrounging samples from the companies when I've need only a few of an
item.

	CRC