plastic "push rivets"??

CRC technobug at
Thu Apr 14 01:00:46 CDT 2005

Jay asked:

> I'm not sure what these things are called... but I need some. I'm
> calling them plastic "push rivets", where a plastic plunger pushes
> through a collar with 3 or 4 plastic legs. These legs break off.
> All the ones I've seen so far are a pretty common size. However, the
> ones I need two of at the moment are slightly smaller than that.
> Specifically, these are the two plastic push rivets from an HP 264X
> terminal that hold the metal cover over the CRT.
> Anyone ever find a source for these? Both my local electronics places
> came up empty.
> Regards,
> Jay West

There are many plastics companies out there with variations of these 
thingies (e.g. <> - browse for rivets, 
screws, nuts... On the eastern side of the pond check out 
<>). I've always had luck 
scrounging samples from the companies when I've need only a few of an 


More information about the cctech mailing list