SCSI CD drive capable of reading CD-R

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 17 13:48:53 CDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-17 at 11:04 -0400, Gary Sparkes wrote:
> I'm desperate for a scsi drive capable of reading CD-Rs!

There's nothing special about the drive mechanism for SCSI CD reading
devices by the way (compared to say IDE) - I've never known one that
*won't* read CD-Rs, but just like IDE and laptop drives, it depends a
lot on the quality of the CD-R media used in the first place.

I've used Sony / Panasonic / Plextor drives before, as well as Apple-
branded ones - never had any trouble reading media that was burned
properly in the first place and is of decent quality. I've got Pioneer
and Toshiba SCSI CDROM drives in this machine - as well as an HP
Surestore burner - and don't recall ever having media troubles there
either.

cheers

Jules