Questions - Universe/68, HP-9134A,VT420 composite video

J. David Bryan jdbryan at acm.org
Mon Apr 18 18:09:15 CDT 2005

On 18 Apr 2005 at 12:27, David Comley wrote:

> Does that flexible disc address come in to play if the unit is
> configured as 4 x 1.15MB drives ? Perhaps I need to set that address
> instead.

The 9133 (hard + 3.5" floppy), 9134 (hard only), and 9135 (hard + 5.25"
floppy) used the same controller, so the floppy address switches on the
9134 don't do anything.  They're active on the other two models.

Although you may already know it, it's probably worth mentioning that the
64000 system hard disc must be at address 0, a system line printer must be
at address 1, stations must be at 2-7, and one of the stations (or the only
one) must have the rear-panel master/slave switches set to "master,"
according to the 64000 configuration guide.

                                      -- Dave