Jupiter J12

John Foust jfoust at threedee.com
Mon Apr 18 20:01:21 CDT 2005

At 07:16 PM 4/18/2005, Brad Parker wrote:

>"James Fogg" wrote:
>>> I was just contacted by a guy asking if I have any info on
>>> this computer called "Jupiter J12":
>>>
>>> http://www.geocities.com/australianvintcomp/Jupiter/Jupiter.html

A bit of Googling...  The company's still alive, with the same logo,
now focusing on display walls:

http://www.jupiter.com/

Their "about" page says "Jupiter Systems began operation in 1982.
Our first product, introduced in October of that year, was a high
performance, high-resolution color graphics terminal designed to
provide display capability not available from commodity products.
To this day Jupiter is still fully committed to the specialized
display market."

A resume:

http://home.comcast.net/~jaswensen/resume/resume.html

"9/82-3/83: Engineer, Jupiter Systems, Alameda, California.
Early in my graduate studies I worked at Jupiter Systems, a company
developing computer graphics hardware. My duties included the
development of computer graphics software, as well as the analysis
of an advanced graphics processor design. "

- John