Crazy Monitor idea for old Home Computers

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Fri Apr 22 17:43:37 CDT 2005

I've been giving some serious thought about breaking out either one of my
Apple //'s, C-64's, or maybe even the Amiga 500, as I feel like playing some
old games.

These days I don't really have the space to set one (or all) up.  Then I had
an idea on how to save some space.  All three of these systems were intended
to plug into a monitor that was basically a TV.

Has anyone tried to plug an old Home computer into an Analog to Digital TV
converter such as the Canopus ADVC-100, and then use a mondern computer
with a Firewire port and video capture software as a monitor?

Alternatively, would an Apple // work with a Commodore 2002 monitor?

		Zane