Need good disk dump utility

Dwight K. Elvey dwight.elvey at amd.com
Mon Apr 25 13:17:18 CDT 2005

Hi Sellam
 I wrote some code to talk to a standard disk controller
that runs on a AT. I wrote it because I needed to get
the MFM information from disk that had the first track
set to FM while the others were MFM. I tried 22disk
without success being that my controller doesn't do
FM. In my case, the first sector being FM wasn't an issues
since I could format on my M20 but I needed to read the
other tracks.
 The code is written in Forth ( sorry about that ). If
you'd like to look at it, I can dig it out. It does
the standard DMA transfers on an AT. I don't recall
but I suspect it has little error checking.
Dwight