What's so special about sentinal pro dongle

Tom Jennings tomj at wps.com
Tue Apr 26 11:38:40 CDT 2005

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005, Mike wrote:

>>   What or who is requesting it?  I don't understand why a person would want
>> one. They would not only have to have the right brand, they'd also have to
>> have THE right dongle!  AFIK every dongle is unique.

Things often go like this:

100,000 people "know" software package Y requires the dongle.
99,900 of them know, or a good approximation thereof, that the
software is serialized to the dongle.  They don't call you.  The
remaining 100 only know one of those things was on the back of the
computer when they used it, and want one. They write. Simple.