Teletype Troubleshooting

Dwight K. Elvey dwight.elvey at amd.com
Fri Apr 29 11:48:39 CDT 2005

Hi
 You can disconnect the motor and run it by hand, turning
the shaft. First after powering up, you need to turn the
shaft until the clutches release. You need to squeeze
the two tabs together that come from each clutch to
keep them from dragging when running slow. It is a little
hard to do while also holding the shaft. Once you've done
it, you'll understand.
 Anyway, you should be able to walk it through a letter
from the keyboard and you can watch to see what isn't
working right. Erratic operation is a little tougher
to find when running by hand because it tends to work
right at the slower speeds.
 I hope you have a manual. If not download the stuff
from the web page. You'll need the manual for adjustments
and disassembly.
Dwight