Drives and UC07

Wolfe, Julian ISC277 at CLCILLINOIS.EDU
Fri Aug 5 14:47:32 CDT 2005

I'm trying to set up a drive to work on my recently-acquired UC07 SCSI
controller.  It's in a PDP 11/23 PLUS.

So far I have tried 3 drives:

Seagate ST32105N, 2.15GB

DEC RH31K-AW (Quantum, unknown model), 1.07GB

Quantum LP105S, 105MB

Here are the results:

Seagate disk: Recognized, fails firmware format

DEC disk: Recognized, seems to format successfully in firmware, fails
RSTS/E DSKINT

Quantum disk: Works fine, no problems.

So I know my controller is working.  All I really want to do is have
about 500MB available to manipulate.  I tested with the 100MB disk so I
could make sure it worked.

I have a second related question - What are the MEDIA IDs for? i.e.
0-RA81, 1 - RA82, 3 - RA90, 4 - RA91, 5 - RA92, 6 - RD54. The only place
I see this doing anything is in HARDWR LIST, and it will show whatever
media ID you pick.

If I could get the space/functionality of an RA81 or 82 on this machine,
that would be great.  Can someone help me out?

Thanks

Julian

.