Removing conductive foam residue from IC pins?

J.C. Wren jcwren at jcwren.com
Tue Aug 9 10:37:01 CDT 2005

    I have a bunch of old ICs that were stored in conductive foam, and I
wish to move them to plastic tubes.  The foam has decayed to that state
where it just crumbles when touched.  Any recommendations for cleaning
off this old foam?  It can be scraped off, to some degree, with
fingernails, but I risk bending the pins, and it's not all that thorough.

    Soaking them in alcohol is probably not a good idea. :)

    --jc