Computer-controlled musical equipment

John Foust jfoust at threedee.com
Thu Aug 11 10:36:29 CDT 2005

At 08:11 AM 8/11/2005, Curt @ Atari Museum wrote:
>Hybrid Arts had a MIDI interface kit for the Atari 8bit line of computers.     Hybrid Arts was brought in and consulted with by Atari who intergrated MIDI into their ST line of computers and was probably one of the Atari ST's saving graces vs. the Amiga.

Atari partisan revisionist.  :-)

The very first piece of hardware I had for my Amiga was a
MIDI dongle from Amiga Corp. that plugged into the serial port.
It was a handmade, bare, uncased prototype they sent me as a
developer interested in making MIDI software.

Very little glue is needed to support MIDI if a computer's
UART can handle the speed.

- John