Anyone care to guess what this is? Is it a computer even?

Gordon JC Pearce gordon at gjcp.net
Sat Aug 13 14:39:28 CDT 2005

James Rice wrote:
> Jay West wrote:
>
>> I mentioned this on the list a long time ago - found it at a salvage
>> place. I wasn't in any rush to get pictures, but last time I was there
>> they said the place was going to be declared off-limits for humans. So
>> I got a few pictures of this olive drab "computer". Anyone have any
>> clue what this thing is? Just curious!? If anyone wants it I could put
>> them in touch with the salvage place owner.
>>
>> Pictures are at www.ezwind.net/jwest/whatsit
>>
>> Jay West
>>
> Looks like a CNC controller to me.

I concur.  The "Numerical Controller" sign is a major clue.

Look at the panel in http://www.ezwind.net/jwest/whatsit/07220013.JPG -
indicators marked "AXIS LIMIT", "EXCESS ERROR" etc
buttons marked "TABLE ZERO", "TURRET ZERO"
sounds like CNC terms

It would be interesting to know what the blank (rubbed off?) button
where the paint is all worn away was.

Gordon.