Vax 6320 on Ebay

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Fri Aug 19 00:48:52 CDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-18 23:10:10 +0100, Antonio Carlini <a.carlini at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> If you hunt around on the web you can find various
> people who have done a 1-phase conversion on the
> box - they probably have experience of what you
> need to do to test the PSU.

Well, information is sparse. I've heared rumors there's one HOWTO
including more detailed description and (especially) some images, but
I've got three-phase power around, so I can use it (after throwing away
the original 25A plug and substituting it with a 16A version which is
more common in private buildings...)

> There's lots of documentation on http://vt100.net/manx.
> Look for any VAX 6000 docs and any KA62-KA66 docs.
> Anything with XMI in the title should be useful too.

Already printed everything 6000 specific out; didn't yet dig for XMI
documents.

> I used to support the drivers for the DSB32 and
> DMB32 so once you get around to trying those out
> I may be able to provide some hints.

...for which operating system? NetBSD?

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw       jbglaw at lug-owl.de    . +49-172-7608481             _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg  _ _ O