Old Compaq Portable III to give away (London WC1)

Jonathan Laventhol jonathan.laventhol at imagination.com
Thu Aug 18 12:43:04 CDT 2005

Dear CCTALK --

I hope this is an appropriate place to post this kind of message.
My company occasionally has old computers and such to get rid
of -- "else they're going in the skip".

Would anybody be interested in a Compaq Portable III?  It's
Model 2660 120/240 V, orange screen luggable.  Here's a page
with pictures I found: http://oldcomputers.net/compaqiii.html

It powers up, passes RAM check (640 Kbyte) and then has an error about
options not set, then another about time and date.  I assume
its CMOS RAM battery is flat.  I don't know whether it has
a hard drive (I think so) or whether it will boot or is
repairable.  It has a UK keyboard.

Yours for Two (2) bottles of beer for first person to e-mail me saying
they'll come collect it (from London WC1).

Many thanks,
Jonathan.

jonathan dot laventhol at imagination dot com
  Imagination Ltd
  25 Store Street South Crescent, London WC1E 7BL, England
  Tel +44 (0)20 7323 3300  Fax +44 (0)20 7323 5801