I'm tripping

Tom Jennings tomj at wps.com
Sun Aug 28 23:53:21 CDT 2005

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, Hans Franke wrote:

> To my understanding a gimcrack is a rather styled up/flashy/loud
> object without any real value. Like a fancy and impressive demo
> of a new OS where all you can do is change the colour ... Well,
> I guess PowerPoint is the ultimative tool for Gimcrack makers.

I didn't realize it was so disparaging. I meant more like gewgaw,
knickknack, a nice toy that I don't need but is very nice.

The HP-16c beats the pants off it though. I've had one of those
since it was new! It's one of my asolutely favorite objects. It's
only on it's 3rd set of batteries since new, too. Neil Colvin
bought all Phoenix Software employees one one xmas.

The TI doesn't do integer decimal arithmetic nor variable word
width. Too bad. It'll be the one I use at work though.