Modcomp Computer?

Jeff Davis jdaviscl2 at soupwizard.com
Wed Aug 31 02:48:30 CDT 2005

On Wed, August 31, 2005 12:24 am, CRC wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:07:04 -0700 (PDT), Jeff Davis"
> <jdaviscl2 at soupwizard.com> wrote:
>
> [...]
>> The color scheme was brown and white, titled "Modular Computer
>> Systems", with a ModComp logo.
>
> What you found was a Modcomp II, a 16-bitter with 64 kwords of
> memory.
> [...]
> There is a knob on top of each plane which when pulled up allows the
> plane to swing open.
> [...]
> What makes these planes unique is
> that the power regulation is at the top on each plane. Raw DC is
> provided from some honkin' supplies located at the back of the
> drawer.

Yep, that matches exactly what I saw, including the fans underneath the cards
to keep them cool.  Now that I know how to open the card cage (planes), I'll
do a full set of digital photos on Thursday.  A list member in the region is
already arranging a rescue, so it looks like these two will be saved from the
scrap heap.

Jeff