"Market" for old macs?

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Thu Dec 1 19:30:37 CST 2005

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> You know, I told someone that 10 years ago and was called a liar.     I

I've been "lying" for 20+ years.
But there is ALWAYS somebody who has heard about some program that "will
do it", reading PC disks with an Apple][, reading the inner tracks of an
8" by cutting it down to 5.25", etc.

> wonder if the parallel-port kludge will let the Mac 800K format
> through--though that's not using the NEC controller to do anything but move
> the heads and select the drive, something that the parallel port could also
> do easily.

Disk2fdi does claim specifically that.  But it is NOT included in the free
"demo" version.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com