Mac Mini

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 3 15:30:49 CST 2005

> On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 00:58:40 +0000
> Jules Richardson <julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Chuck Guzis wrote:
> > > I assume that you've already ordered your USB pencil
> > > sharpener, USB shaver and USB scalp massager.  (Yes, they
> > > exist) for "stocking stuffers" for the holidays.
> >
> > No. Now, if they did legacy serial versions... :-)
> >

> It would be trivial to produce the 'legacy converter' version of
> these devices since most of them only use the USB connector as a

The hamster wheel I mentioned didn't just use the USB connector as a 5V
power supply, on the grounds there was a CD-ROM of driver software with
it (you know, I can remember when a device driver and its source code
would fit on one floppy disk. Darn code-bloat!).

Before you suggest it, I have no intention of buying said product,
pulling it apart and trying to figure out how it works. There's going to
be some unknown silicon (at least a microcontroller) in there. To be
honest, I've got many more interesting _classic_ machines to work on.

> power source.  Except you can't 'steal' that much current from a

Of course I have plenty of 5V PSUs around here....