"Market" for old macs?

woodelf bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca
Mon Dec 5 00:36:05 CST 2005

der Mouse wrote:

>Not much good unless the game is inherently "online", 'cause it means
>the game can't be played unless it can connect to the mothership.

I've played a few -- connect online to play games.
The problem is what happens 10 or 15 years down the road, when the
company that
made the game is toast, or the websites gone bye bye?  Also you can't
sell the games
as well.

>Still defeatable by use of emulators or ICE tools, though; while they
>can do things like PK-encrypt the game's code, the code must at some
>time exist in executable form, and can be copied then.

Most games have a two week life span any how... no wait that is the
console you play it on. :)