"Market" for old macs?

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Mon Dec 5 17:06:31 CST 2005

> > Any illustrated online guides for opening up an SE/30?  I don't like to
> > fiddle around with a screwdriver and hope I don't damage things.
>
> It should be the same as any Compact Mac. The essential tool is a Mac
> Cracker, a long shaft Torx T-15 screwdriver (Fry's carries them under that

Alternatively, the Xcellite System 99 TX15 blade + extension is OK for this.

> exact name). Depending on the model, there are four or five such screws on
> the back -- two are invariably deep under the handle, hence the need for
> the shaft, and two or three in plain view. Separating the two case halves

On the Mac+ (and older machines), one of the screws in under the battery
cover. Unclip this and if you see a Torx screw there, take it out. As you
said, 2 are in the handle, and the othe 2 are at the ends of the
connector panel.

I generally find it best to put the machine face down. Then by pressing
on the battery and the connectors you can pull the case off upwards.