Mac Mini

Scott Stevens chenmel at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 2 19:06:35 CST 2005

On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 00:58:40 +0000
Jules Richardson <julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Chuck Guzis wrote:
> > I assume that you've already ordered your USB pencil
> > sharpener, USB shaver and USB scalp massager.  (Yes, they
> > exist) for "stocking stuffers" for the holidays.
>
> No. Now, if they did legacy serial versions... :-)

It would be trivial to produce the 'legacy converter' version of
these devices since most of them only use the USB connector as a
power source.  Except you can't 'steal' that much current from a
legacy serial device.  I can remember serial Mice that wouldn't
work because I was trying to use them on computers with
pathetically low serial port voltage levels.  I think it was an
old Northgate 386 system, and the serial interface rails were
about 3 volts.