For users of Telenex / AR Datascopes...

Bruce Lane kyrrin at bluefeathertech.com
Sun Dec 4 17:54:51 CST 2005

	This is a note to owners of the Telenex / Atlantic Research 'Interview' 7000 and 8000 series datascopes (sometimes known as serial data analyzers), particularly the 7000, 8700 Turbo, and 8800 Turbo series.

	I've been fortunate(?) enough to acquire a large stash (over a dozen) of the 8700's and 8800's. I'm in the process of archiving their EPROM and disk images even as I type this. I'm also experimenting with interchanging parts, just to see what happens and to see if a lower-end unit can be upgraded by putting a different set of EPROMs or a backplane PAL in place.

	I've been reliably informed that one of the units was a sales demo model, and had every possible option enabled in the software. I'm pretty sure I already archived it. I've also archived, among other things, the updated EPROMs necessary for the disk controller board to handle large SCSI drives (850MB at least).

	If anyone has one of these grand old beasties, and wants to resuscitate it or maybe upgrade it a bit, drop me a note. I can't promise I'll be able to help, but I may just have an answer or component that you need.

	Keep the peace(es).

Bruce Lane, Owner & Head Hardware Heavy,
Blue Feather Technologies -- http://www.bluefeathertech.com
kyrrin (at) bluefeathertech do/t c=o=m
"If Salvador Dali had owned a computer, would it have been equipped with surreal ports?"