A Hobbyist DECnet Network

Gary Sparkes mokuba at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 17:55:58 CST 2005

On 12/9/05 5:34 PM, "Madcrow Maxwell" <madcrow.maxwell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Frankly, I'm not sure how well this would end up working... Maybe I'm
> just bitter because the last "alter-net" I participated in (the C-64
> Q-Link and BBS revival) never really got very strong. Still, the DEC
> community might be able to support a small network. You never know.

Myself, I have an unreliable internet connection (It goes down every XX
hours - somewhere in the double digits, I'm thinking it's about 16, never
timed), but I finally found my copy of OpenVMS 7.3-1 for my DEC, and I'd be
happy to participate in something like this.... Now I just need to figure
out how to work the damn thing :)