Legacy apps in Windows/OS X was Re: Old MS-DOS & Win Software

Teo Zenios teoz at neo.rr.com
Wed Dec 7 17:32:22 CST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Leonard" <trixter at oldskool.org>
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts"
<cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 6:22 PM
Subject: Re: Legacy apps in Windows/OS X was Re: Old MS-DOS & Win Software

http://www.oldskool.org/
http://www.mobygames.com/
> Or check out some trippy MindCandy at
http://www.mindcandydvd.com/

I don't see the point of having so much legacy support in newer OS versions
(it is more complicated and has more code to create bugs). If there is a
need for such things then some company will develop a means of using your
older software via an emulator. Besides what is so hard about keeping a
legacy system in the house if you really need to run a 10 year old app on
occasion? OS developers should concentrate on making their OS stable and
reliable plus having good APIs, not in programming emulators and other
add-ons.