PC-DOS 3.3

Jim Leonard trixter at oldskool.org
Wed Dec 14 16:19:24 CST 2005

Jules Richardson wrote:
> One day in a museum capacity I might approach them to see if I can get a
> copy of the raw archive data for some relevant computing groups (for the
> purposes of a local rather than online archive, to avoid anyone getting
> worried about competition). I'd be interesting to see whether they have
> a "defend our assets" big-business attitude or a "sure, we're doing this
> as an important archival tool" one... (or something inbetween)

I think the most likely answer you'll get is "sure, but who will front the
cost?"  The usenet archive is somewhere between 200 to 300 terabytes, if memory
serves.  I suppose you could buy two fully-stocked CLARiiON towers to hold it
all, but what museum has that kind of money?
--
Jim Leonard (trixter at oldskool.org)                    http://www.oldskool.org/
Want to help an ambitious games project?             http://www.mobygames.com/