Good haul of old pc stuph

9000 VAX vax9000 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 12:28:03 CST 2005

On 12/16/05, Jim Leonard <trixter at oldskool.org> wrote:
> Curt @ Atari Museum wrote:
> > the stock MFM's and using SCSI when larger space was needed.
>
> This reminds me -- what's a good 8-bit SCSI adapter for IBM PC 5150-class
> machines?  I've got SCSI drives here that I'd like to put to use, but all I
> have for this machine is a Western Digital MFM controller.

I had two boards that used 53C90/53C90A chips. I sold them for $5 each
on epay. Actually I can make one if I like. The hardware is
straightforward. The only piece missing is the BIOS. I can copy the
BIOS from the two boards I sold, only if I can find them again.
Actually my QBUS SCSI controller is a ISA 8 bit SCSI controller
without BIOS.

vax, 9000