repairing early HP calcs

Steve Thatcher melamy at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 19 05:07:56 CST 2005

just a note... CPLDs are easier because the EEPROM config is inside the chip (no external hardware and an easy to use interface). The cost of this is available logic density though. You will always get more FGA logic space available then you will with a CPLD. Of course, you can always add more CPLDs, but one FPGA and a 8 pin dip eeprom is less PCB real estate.

best regards, Steve Thatcher