Anybody know what these are for?

William Maddox wmaddox at pacbell.net
Tue Dec 27 03:49:18 CST 2005

I have a pair of Pertec-branded circuit boards,
14" x 16"x, marked as follows:

	PE WRITE
	PC86V1
	101387-01K
	101388J

	PE READ
	101389-01J1
	101383H1

I was told that they came from a tape drive.
They are primarily populated with 7400-series
TTL, with date codes around early 1976.  Each
has a small daughterboard, 2.5" x 3", with
discrete components -- I would imagine these
would be the analog circuits for read/write.

Does anyone recognize what drive these boards
come from?  I don't have any particular need
for them, so if anyone has a drive that could
use them, I'd be willing to part with them
easily.

--Bill