Simh problem

Josef Chessor josefcub at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 19:35:39 CST 2005

On 12/29/05, Jim Beacon <jim at g1jbg.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've been trying to install NetBSD 2.0 on the SimH VAX emulator, but the
> install text shows up as control codes, rather than correctly spaced and
> formatted.
>
> What have I done wrong?

You haven't done anything wrong -- SIMH doesn't provide any kind of
emulation other than straight TTY for its console window.  I've run
Open VMS in Simh/VAX and have the same issue.  You'll likely just have
to read around the control codes, and later use a telnet client to get
reasonable output, once the OS is installed.

--
"I laugh because I dare not cry.  This is a crazy world
 and the only way to enjoy it is to treat it as a joke."