VT-131 prints?

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 15:25:41 CDT 2005

On 7/2/05, Allison <ajp166 at bellatlantic.net> wrote:
> Common VT1xx part failure.  Seemed they made the video board with a
> 50V cap where a 100V cap should be.  Huge numbers of them were made
> and failed but amazingly there are still many in use that havent.. Yet.
> It is repairable as it cooks a cap, diode and resistor.

That sounds like once someone traces down the problem, it belongs in a
FAQ somewhere.

I haven't had any failures like that, so I guess I'd like to know
more, especially to buy a bag of 100V caps and preemptively fix some
of my terminals (I have stuff ranging from gen-u-ine VT100s, to
VT102s, a VT103, a VT105, a DECmate I, etc., and I don't recall if I
have a VT125 or VT131 or not.

-ethan